Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving: Family Adventures

This weekend was spent with my wonderful family. I don't remember the last time we spent so much time together. Usually when I go home I end up spending a lot of time with friends. I think part of it comes with age. All of us are graduated from high school now and we value the time we get to spend together more because of that.

The past week has just been full of family time. It all started with the family coming to my ballroom concert last weekend. Mom, Dad, Leslie and John (along with his girlfriend Elizabeth) came and saw me perform. I did a two-step, a cha cha, and a waltz. They all went really well. Some people even said we stole the show, especially with our fantastic cha cha. Mom liked the waltz the most. Not surprising, she likes things that are elegant. I also had a solo in it, so she might have been a little biased. Anyway, they stayed with me at my place and went to church with me for the first meeting, then decided to head home. It was so great to have them with me and to introduce them to my awesome roommates.

After that, Leslie had a ballroom performance on Tuesday, so I headed all the way up to Logan. It was a long drive, but it was great to see Leslie perform. She danced beautifully and looked the part. She did a tango, along with competing in waltz and cha cha.

Next, came Mary and and her boyfriend Shaine. We all ate dinner together as a family over at Dave's house. We ate Hawaiian Haystacks--delicious! We talked and talked and talked. We caught up on life, laughed, and enjoyed each other's company. Since Mom doesn't have to work at the butt crack of dawn anymore, she was able to be there with us after she got off work too. I just have to say, I have the cutest niece EVER! She remembers me now, she even attempted to say my name. I was reading a book with her and I pointed at a banana and then she said 'nana.' She really is so smart!


Anyway, on Thanksgiving we went to Tooele and ate with Glen's family. Grandma JoAnn, being the wonderful person that she is made an announcement that since she hasn't given a Christmas Present to us in a long time, that she wanted us to come to her house and pick out what we wanted. She is downsizing and she wants us to remember her. Mary and I went and picked some things out. I got a some jewelry, one of which is a necklace that she wore in a picture that her father took and then painted over when she was about my age. I also got candlestick holders that were once her Grandma Castleton's. It was a precious moment when Mary got her wedding necklace. She went and opened up the room where her wedding picture is and had us go look at it. My grandmother was beautiful then, and still is now.

We enjoyed life this weekend. Shaine and Mary love to do jump photos, so we did lots. At the church in Tooele, the first jump photo we did was perfect. Us Sundblom girls just have a gift. We also did jump photos at temple square. It doesn't feel like Christmas season without a trip to see the lights. I love seeing the temple, and thinking about the birth of Christ, (and even listening to Christmas music now that Thanksgiving is over.)


Another picture taking extravaganza occurred when we went shooting. We went out to the west desert and shot all sorts of guns. Pistols, shotguns, and Dave even shot a rifle. After the shooting, we went and did a Charlie's Angels photo shoot, with real guns. Shaine starred as Charlie.

I would post more photos, but I don't have them yet. They'll come at some point...

No comments: