Monday, November 7, 2011

Finding the Bright Side

It's really easy to forget how great life is. I know that I do all the time. But, then there are those really great  moments that are sometimes so simple. It has been snowing in Cedar City. I'm not a huge fan of the cold, but the past few days my attitude about it has changed a little.

Saturday, my roommate Ambri, asked me if I wanted to go have a snowball fight. Ashton, her and I had a great one. We also built a snowman... let me rephrase that, a snow-woman, named Bertha. The bottom got so big that I literally fell over while Ashton and I were pushing it. It was awesome. Ambri and I made two balls about the same size. I don't even remember which one was the middle and which one was the top. Anyway, I even gave Bertha my scarf. While we were there we also made snow angels. It's always one of my first urges when I go play in the snow. I loved every second of being out in the snow, even when Ambri hit me in the face with a snowball... It was worth it.


Sunday, the snow didn't stop. After an awesome games night, my friend Tara decided that we should sneak attack and start a snowball fight. At the time I had slippers on, so I just slipped them off and followed her out the door. In bare feet, I went out and made some snowballs and waited for the rest to come out the door. As soon as they emerged, chaos ensued. For a while it turned into a battle between girls and guys. It was the perfect end to a fabulous night.

Without the snow, neither of those experiences would have happened. It's always important to look for the positive in a situation and find the bright side.

No comments: