Friday, August 26, 2011

Writing Overload

This semester is going to require strict time management so that I can accomplish everything that I need to get done.  I don't really know how it's going to happen, but I have to do it, so I am going to!  Ironically, by writing this right now, it just adds to my load.  I will be writing papers, stories, ideas, journal entries (and apparently blog posts) as often an alcoholic drinks booze.  I guess it's a good thing I enjoy it.  Hopefully this semester won't change that.

I am looking forward to gaining knowledge from my awesome professors.  I actually started this blog in 2008 when I was taking a creative writing course from Dr. P.  Once again, I am taking a creative writing course from him.  The first time it was Intro to Creative Writing, this time it is Intermediate Fiction Writing. Unfortunately, I must confess between then and and now, my creative writing has been limited.  The majority of my writing has been academic writing--essays for my classes.  As an English major, I get to write my fair share.  I'm making up for it this semester though.  It'll be like a fat kid who has been on a diet getting to eat as much candy as he wants to again.  One of my other classes is Intermediate Poetry Writing.  It should be great.

Anyway, if those two classes didn't create enough writing for me to do, I also have Non-Western World Literature for which I will be writing a few papers.  My Marriage and Family Relations class also requires four or more 3-5 page papers.  No big deal, right?  I am probably even forgetting something else that will require me to write something.

At some point I will post some of my writings that I'm doing for these classes on this blog.  I just need to write something that is worthy of it.  (Which is pretty much everything I write)...  Not really, but hey, I can wish.  If nothing else, I will become a better writer this semester.

6 comments:

Rachel Frost said...

I'm a little jealous... and also not. I always think that if I decided to go back to school it would be as an English major. But I don't envy all the homework!

By the way... what school are you attending?

Heather said...

It's a bittersweet thing being an English major. If I didn't have all the homework, I would be in heaven. Although, I learn more through the homework, so I shouldn't complain.

I am attending SUU.

Rachel Frost said...

Cool, cool. My problem is, I hate essays. I love writing my own thing, but having to write about what someone else assigns me is not very fun. Especially if it's about sports.

Valerie said...

I'm kind of jealous too... I just graduated and I miss school. Even the homework. :) How's SUU?

Heather said...

Yeah... I'll probably end up missing the homework once I graduate. SUU is great. Where did you go to school?

Valerie said...

I went to the U of U.